Model T Race Engine (?) - Old Picture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Model T Race Engine (?) - Old Picture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

Slightly modified..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 05:54 pm:

Not a T, it has a waterpump!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 04:30 pm:

Itís just the right amount of T for my taste!!! :-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

That appears to be a McDowell single overhead setup.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 08:15 pm:

Are you sure its a T? I don't see anything that looks T-ish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

I questioned that too. McDowell seems to have built more Model A conversions. However, the generator casting appears to be Model T.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 08:36 pm:

Could be T- It was common on some conversions to block off the drivers side cylinder walls to cool the cylinders by brazing the block up on that side for a cover. Note the water manifold over the intake and exhaust ports and the extra bolts around the valve chamber cover to improve sealing, as the valve chamber is now a water jacket- valve lifter holes are plugged because there are no lifters in the block on an OHC engine. The side drive with water pump is typical Frontenac style made for a T block. Given the height of the right front corner of the block where it is showing, it's too short to be an A or B block, so my guess it is indeed a T block. Too bad we can't see the other side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 01:18 am:

This is the description in Vintage Automobile Racing Engines:

http://winfield.50megs.com/Engines/Engines.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 01:19 am:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration