Spring Perches

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Spring Perches
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 09:47 am:

I need a new front spring perch for the kid's T. I have one good one. Not a clue if it is a right or a left. How do I tell the difference?

The part number on the perch is T2222 1/2B.

Thanks,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 10:37 am:

I don't have all my pictures with me, so I'll have to resort to words. Assuming this is one of the later cars with under-the-axle wishbone, there is a little squarish boss sticking up where the perch curves. That goes toward the rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 11:00 am:

This one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 11:32 am:

Stephen, your picture does not match your description.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 11:46 am:

Jim, I think what Stephen is saying is when you hold the perch level to the spring mount or through hole the bolt or stud portion is angled either right for the right or left for the left. The bosses that Steve spoke of would be on the opposite side. I hope I'm kinda clear in what I stated. Jim

(Message edited by tfan on September 10, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

It matches perfectly. Reading comprehension is the key. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 02:29 pm:

OK what you call a stud, I call a shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 05:53 pm:

Colloquialisms, why is it always colloquialisms.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 08:25 pm:

Jason, line it up next to the one needing to be replaced. If the shackle holes is parallel, you have the correct one.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Walters on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 09:38 pm:

TTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 09:10 am:

Based on Stephen's photo, I have a left spring perch.

Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration