OT Photo - Dodge Brothers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT Photo - Dodge Brothers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 09:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

Tim:
1916 Dodge Brothers touring had 1 for years ...GREAT car , with plenty of power and good steering and brakes lost it due to late wife's medical expenses still miss that car always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 12:08 am:

Odd the hood has louvres. DB's don't have them. I have a late 1915 which has no louvres.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 09:13 am:

Les:
I noticed the louvers too my 16 had 3 louvers near the rear of the side panels was an early car and was painted the early US army green and had flag brackets on the front fenders always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 09:32 am:

The picture makes me wonder if the men in front of the car were the Dodge Brothers? With all the history of them there should be a warning sign not to mess with them or their car!!!! Bud in the land of potholes!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 09:42 am:

Ken
I don't think the fellows standing beside the car are John and Horace Dodge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 10:03 am:

The site I pulled the photo from led me to believe it was the brothers. Has to be true it was on the web!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 10:10 am:

Thank you Ron!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 10:16 am:

Nobody knows for sure why the Dodge brothers chose the star of David as a part of their logo. They were not Jewish, and they never said why.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 10:20 am:

Perhaps it was a symbol of solidarity in an attempt to show support for an oppressed group of people?

We may never know the real reason...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 10:55 am:

"The symbol represents Solomon's Seal, the sign of interconnected spirits, which aptly describes the Dodge brothers."

http://www.answers.com/Q/Why_does_the_Dodge_Brothers_logo_feature_a_Star_of_Davi d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 11:09 am:

Thanks for that Richard!

"What distinguishes a Seal of Solomon from a Star of David is the two triangles are interlaced giving the appearance of a 3-dimensional figure. This was said in the Testament of Solomon to make demons confused and dizzy, unable to do Solomon any harm."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 11:19 am:

Horace Dodge worked at the Leland, Faulconer & Norton machine company early on. He and John began supplying components to R. E. Olds, Henry Ford and Henry Leland for Oldsmobile, Ford And Cadillac. So many of the early greats crossed paths. Henry Leland had worked for Samuel Colt. He named one of his car endeavors after Abraham Lincoln whom he had admired and even voted for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 11:20 am:

Thanks for the interest!

Lot's of good info for a supposed "SPAM" thread...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 01:38 pm:

Amen to that!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 05:07 pm:

Also, remember, Horace and John Dodge wee two of the original partners in Ford Motor Company in 1903.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 10:44 am:

I toured Meadow Brook Hall on Tuesday, near Auburn Hills. They have several four cylinder Dodges on display there, and a '47 Dodge pickup they use for the grounds. If you haven't been there, it's a neat tour. It shows how the wealthy really lived.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration