Anderson Timer settings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Anderson Timer settings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Markus Huether - Germany on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 07:26 am:

Hi,
in my 26 Roadster i have an Anderson Timer and after setting the 15 degrees ATDC (bending the rod) the engine is running rough. The timing leaver was all the way up when i set the 15 degrees ATDC.
I found an artikel to adjust the springs in the Anderson Timer:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/669349.html?1472250621

I checked the settings what is written in the very nice report. And i found the following situation:

timing with Anderson Timer

Is that true, that all the four lines must congruently when the Coil starts ignite?

Regards
Markus

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 09:56 am:

Looks like the crank handle was engaging on a different notch (there are 2) which would account for the marks being 180 degrees from each other. I think you are OK on timing and need to look elsewhere. I would start by verifying the initial timing is 15 degrees after TDC, It looks like you may be too close to TDC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 10:10 am:

Markus...
this little tool is worth its weight in gold. Plus you can help others with it too!

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3021SKLED.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 07:33 am:

Look at a crank shaft. Cylinders 1 and 4 are 180 degrees off from cylinders 2 and 3. I say that looks normal to me, unless I'm missing something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 10:34 am:

Marcus, that is perfect. The mark on the crank handle and using just one ratchet tooth is an improvement on my method which I will adopt.

Good show!

TH

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration