A new way of upgrading your TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: A new way of upgrading your TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 10:56 am:

How about this way of upgrading your TT for sale...
I'm not in any way affiliated with seller or ad, so fire away gentlemen !

https://www.prewarcar.com/237792-ford-tt-truck-pick-up-with-harley-1917-military -wwi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 11:07 am:

Interesting setup. 47,000 euros = $54,520 US at the current exchange rate of 1.00:1.16. How much is the motorcycle worth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 11:09 am:

Cool! The Harley is probably worth more then the truck on it's own. I had a TT with the same type solid ribber front wheels. If it could be shown it was a survivor from WW1 then they have something, but looks to be newer then 1918. Looks like plywood deck on the bed.
Leo, your profile picture is upside down when I view it on my desktop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

Great photos. Looks like something right out of a movie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 01:37 pm:

Hey Mark, that's how i feel most of the time ;-)
Pic was made with my I-pad, that contraption does strange things, it happens to me all the time, turns pictures sideways, upside down, won't load one pic but does another, i stopped trying to grasp wat it does and just live with the consequenses..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 02:37 pm:

Wasn't the TT chassis not introduced until 1917? Don't know for sure about those longer running boards, either....

"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 03:02 pm:

Yes, the TT was introduced in 1917, and according to Bruce McCalley's book only 3 were produced. Production began in earnest with the 1918 model year.

You're right. Those are not TT running boards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 03:07 pm:

Good looking rig, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 03:15 pm:

Mark, if you're using Windows, you can right-click on Leo's photo, then "View image." That will turn it right-side up again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 04:25 pm:

Iíve heard thereís no evidence of a TT chassis being in theatre of WW I...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 04:52 pm:

That's an interesting comment George. Although I've heard or read that the TT's were, at least in part, intended for use in WWI the only Ts I recall seeing pictured in Europe at that time were regular Ts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration