Can someone identfy this very early-believe Ford huge u joint with db

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Can someone identfy this very early-believe Ford huge u joint with db
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 01:57 pm:

This u joint just came in with a load of T parts and showing it to a few folks some believe it is very early Ford like Model K or something one part has DB 737 on one part of it
this is a huge u joint has factory bolts with cotter keys and the casting is embossed to hold the bolts from turning, very good idea
any one got any ideas must be a big car
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 02:52 pm:

Bob - I certainly wouldn't know,....but the fact that it's made to fit a square shaft on one end, and the other end is machined to fit four splines, 90 deg. apart, should be a major "clue" as to what that U-joint would fit,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 03:17 pm:

THIS COULD BE OVERLAND I WILL DO SOME CHECKING. CHARLEY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 05:01 pm:

thank you, still looking for information on my end also, BOB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 05:18 pm:

Could this be vintage Packard?
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 10:18 pm:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 11:52 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 07:26 am:

And I am wondering if it is for a PTO drive??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 07:44 am:

DB, think big! David Brown tractor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 11:07 am:

I don't think that would have used castle nuts, Bob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration