Very OT. Talented artist/conservator needed for restoration.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Very OT. Talented artist/conservator needed for restoration.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 02:27 am:

I recently purchased a gold gilded French statue clock from the 1850ís. On the front are three hand painted marble panels that need to be restored. All three panels were originally painted a rich maroon with delicate designs of thin gold pinstriping. Over the years, over zealous cleaning and age have caused the deep maroon to fade to a light pink with some of the paint totally removed along with most of the gold pinstriping. Like most French clocks of this era, whereby love and romanticism was the theme, there is a colorful hand painted cherub in the center of the central panel that is also damaged and missing paint and would be the most difficult portion to restore. I am looking for a competent artist/conservator to undertake this restoration. If any of you know of a talented person that could do museum quality work, please provide me with contact information. Thank you. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 09:30 am:

You may want to contact the National Clock Museum for conservation sources.

https://nawcc.org/index.php/museum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 11:11 am:

Thank you, George. Great idea! Iíll contact them. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 12:26 pm:

Jim, "OT" or not, could you post a picture ? I'd sure like to see your clock in its unrestored state I bet others would too. Sounds like a beauty!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 12:30 pm:

Yes Jim Pictures are in order!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

Thank you for your interest. I would love to post some pictures of it, but even set at the lowest resolution and smallest image, the pictures from my camera are still rejected by the forum. Since buying this camera, I have not been able to post any pictures from it. If you want to send me a PM, I will gladly send pictures of the clock to your e-mail. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 01:32 pm:

Thanks Jim !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 02:19 pm:

...and perhaps someone could re-size it for the forum. <hint>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 04:29 pm:

Jim's Clock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

Thank you G.R. Cheshire. Great job of posting pictures of my clock. The originals donít look as good as the ones you posted. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 06:24 pm:

No Problem. I use GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program) It is a bear to become proficient in but it can do so much more than other program's I've tried. Very nice It would look nice on my fireplace if you need a place to store it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 10:22 pm:

Not my cup of tea but it certainly is grand. Is the women sitting on an animal? A dog?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 10:32 pm:

Hi Gary. It looks like it doesnít it, but no, it is a seat with animal hooves, which was the style in ancient times, just like some of our chairs and furniture these days have lionís paws feet. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration