Sheet metal ID

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Sheet metal ID
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 08:29 am:

Found this up in a barn. Looks like the trunk (turtle deck) from a T coupe. Is complete and seems to have some of the back panel from the body on the top end. Itís a little twisted from how it was hanging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 09:06 am:

Photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 10:38 am:

Whoops

Back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 10:43 am:

Looks like a pre 24 coupe trunk. The coupes, the trunk was built into the body unlike the runabouts which sat on the deck behind. That looks like a nice one too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 10:56 am:

Like I said itís solid and I donít see any bad metal. Iíll see of I can get the owner to let me extract it and set it up on the floor of the barn to get a better look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wing - Albuquerque, NM on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 11:15 am:

It looks to me like it could be a Coupelet trunk. The wood is obscuring the bottom area to be able to see the curvature towards the front. The color (greenish-blue) is very close to the 1918 Coupelet body that's been for sale for years on Ebay by "toysanyone" in Montana. If it is a Coupelet trunk, it quite rare!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wing - Albuquerque, NM on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 11:38 am:

Hello Mark,

I just sent you an e-mail with a link to the Coupelet body for sale in Montana for your reference. In my previous message I meant to say "it's quite rare!".

Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 01:19 pm:

Called the people this morning and they sold it for $150 .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

To you or already gone ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 02:24 pm:

I did not get this. It was sold to a buyer unknown to me late in the day yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 02:26 pm:

Crap !! That was a steal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 08:07 pm:

Worse, now we'll never know if it was for the rare coupelet body !! : - (

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration