Question, fuel line routing for a '15?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Question, fuel line routing for a '15?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

Hi All

I'm in the process of final assembly of the chassis for my Canadian '15 T. It originally arrived in a mixed bag of two half cars.

I tried to refit an original brass fuel line but I'm running into trouble sorting the route out.

Should the fuel line travel straight along the inside corner of the frame and behind the bottom corner of the wooden block between the crankcase support ear and the frame? The line looks like is should, but the wooden block doesn't have enough room. Its a new block and may not be made right.

The route straight along the frame looks like it makes the most sense.

Thanks

Jeff
Nova Scotia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 09:31 pm:

Typical to run the line behind the pan ear wood block, bevel edge of block allows passage of the line.

Photos from Mike Walker on his '15

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 06:16 pm:

Hi Dan

Just what I needed.

Thanks

Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 10:45 am:

I believe your gas tank mounting bolts are upside down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 10:56 am:

Larry, Isn't bolt on top correct? If the nut comes loose you lose the nut but the bolt sort of holds the tank in place. If the nut were on top and it came loose, you lose everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 11:22 am:

The bolt is under, the castle nut and cotter on top.

Ford way, always :-)

Is the assembly line method, easy to reach the castle nut and view the tightening and placing the cotter from above the frame.... one of those Ford quirks of the T :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Marble - New Hamshire on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 12:04 pm:

I ran my fuel line high above the exhaust pipe and to right of the main frame member to keep it as far from the hot exhaust pipe as possible. I used 1/4 inch copper tubeing and flair fittings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 12:12 pm:

Use of flare fitting is likely better than compression sleeve type, (center of photo), as I had used that type with copper line, and experienced a fracture and leak due to the compression type junction and the shaky twisting of the Ford chassis.

So now just stay with Ford way, steel gas line, pack nut, only change is instead of old time felt packing, use neoprene gas line hose section as washer/packing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 04:53 pm:

Dan, Ah. The cotter pin keeps the nut from falling off and you should loose neither. I ought to have known there would be a cotter pin!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration