Found a Goodie !!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Found a Goodie !!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

Thought I would share some photos of a NOS switch plate I just picked up - pin back - # 55 tumbler - never had a key inserted or a screw driver on the rear terminal screws. Notice the nice white painted background of the lettering. The front of the plate is obviously colored but the rear has no paint ! I installed one of my ammeters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 09:34 pm:

VERY NICE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 09:39 pm:

Very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 09:45 pm:

My car is key 55, seems a common number, or is it my imagination ?
Nice !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 09:51 pm:

Nice part

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 01:31 am:

55 is a rare key when you need one. It is also the key number used for the replacement tumblers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martynn Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 02:34 am:

Nice find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:01 am:

Steve, I hate to disappoint you, but that switch is not NOS! It's NORS! Notice there is no Ford script at the bottom. I've got one like that too, and I think it is a C.D. Does the key turn? On mine the key won't turn. I believe it's because the pot metal has swollen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

Quite possible Larry - this switch plate came out of a closed Ford Dealership in Mississippi.

Yes, it's my key and it does turn - thanks for pointing that out !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

Mine is 54. Do I get honorable mention?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 03:32 pm:

"Car 54 where are you " how's that ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 03:59 pm:

Very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 04:18 pm:

Interesting to see an original switch that's in nice condition. Looks like the paint was applied in one quick pass with a spray gun and the back appears to have overspray that was in the room where the paint was applied.
The switch on my 24 Coupe didn't have much of the paint left on the front but a nice thick coat on the back. Makes me wonder how and where Ford painted the switches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 06:33 pm:

I have a couple like that, not nos but pretty nice anyway will use one on my 25 touring if I ever get around to restoring it. Also have a nice speedometer with the mounting plate complete with drive and cable and correct road gear for the same car

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration