Lost another solid T guy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Lost another solid T guy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Koll on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

I just heard of the passing of a T guy who was one of the best. Vic Zannis passed. I met him when He stopped and helped me on my way to the Intl Tour in North York (Toronto) in 1990 which was my first tour. Never met a kinder or more helpful person. I always looked forward to sitting a spell with him at Hershey every year. RIP friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 08:21 pm:

Gordon, thank you for letting us know. Vic was a truly super guy.

Vic helped me years back, and I know he loved our hobby.

I spoke with him about a year ago on the phone, and he told me about his health problem, but I honestly thought it was under control.

I'm sorry to hear that he has passed away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 08:30 pm:

I didn't know Vic, but in principle hate to see the old guys (well, like me, I guess) pass on. Indeed, RIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 08:43 pm:

My prayers are with the Family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 08:44 pm:

His book Rebuilding the T Powerplant has been a constant guide for me over the years. Thoughts go to his family at this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 08:50 pm:

One of the Greatest Person! Super Guy, Super Helper, Super Lost to us in the Model T community. I encourage everyone to buy his book as you will be enlighten to how easy things are. He mastered the simplicity of rebuilding in such a good way. If you can get one of his books now, you are a lucky person. RIP Vic

All the Best,

Hank in Tin-A-See

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 09:43 pm:

RIP Mr.Zannis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:50 pm:

Vic was on the MTFCI board of directors when I served there and he was a solid citizen of that group. He sourced a lot of good ideas and I remember his book when it was first offered. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 11:17 pm:

Sad to hear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodney Gifford on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 09:44 am:

I hate to hear that....He helped my son and me when we were getting my Dads '25 back on the road. He gave us a couple of coffee mugs with Model T logos and the Power Plant Book.
He will be missed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 10:47 am:

I met Vic last year (over the phone), and spoke again with him two days before he passed. I had no idea how accomplished he was, nor his other pursuits, except that he was a former police officer. While we spoke about early Ford racers, he never led on about his background in Fords and engine rebuilding.

I regret not learning more of, and from him. RIP

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/leeds-al/peter-zannis-7993336

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 11:50 am:

Vic was a good guy. Beside his T abilities,he did artwork on a couple of covers for Langs catalogues . I hadn't keep up with him since I left Alabama. His father,also was a respected T guy. Hate to hear the news. RIP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

So saddened to hear of Vic's passing. We shared some common interest and he helped me many times with his knowledge. He will surely be missed by many.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration