How do you remove the soft plug.......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How do you remove the soft plug.......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 05:42 pm:

........from the transmission shaft? I find lots of information on replacing it, but not removing it. I'm guessing a long punch and strike on one side, turning it, then push out with the punch?

I want to replace the bushing and the soft plug before I rivet the shaft to the clutch push ring assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 08:32 pm:

Just push it out toward the bushing- the plug and bushing will come out together from the bushing end. You can pound it out with a large round punch or press it out with the same or just about anything hard that will fit thru the square hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 11:08 pm:

Thanks Dan.......that's my job for tommorow!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration