Has Anyone Used DRX Cleaner?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Has Anyone Used DRX Cleaner?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

I ran across a new product on the internet called "DRX The Ultimate Cleaner." Their video show it making rust completely disappear and you wash it away with water. Has anyone used this? What did you think of it?

http://drxcleaner.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Bocchi on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 01:21 pm:

I saw a vid on youtube on this item. I've stripped the paint off my 21 touring mechanically and now looking to clean surface rust. Looks easy, but I have no experience using the product. Finding somewhere to purchase is some what vague.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 01:30 pm:

You can order it directly from their website. It doesn't have info about stores that carry it.

http://drxcleaner.com/product/drx-metal-rust-remover/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 05:23 pm:

I use Ospho, You just spray or wipe it on rust and it stops it dead. It will turn the rust black but as far as removing it I'm not sure. I just use a old left over spray bottle and apply the stuff and spread it with an old paint brush. A lot of body shops use it before painting. I got mine off Amazon. I'v used it on my 40 Chev pick up truck and I like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

I have wasted half a day just watching YouTube videos about all the different ways to remove rust. I feel like I know less than I did when I started. I liked the videos for the "DRX Cleaner" because it seems to work well and is easy to use. The downside is it is rather expensive.

Here is one video where a guy did scientific testing by comparing several different products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-MC_ZEXQbw

One thing that bothers me is in all the automotive videos, they are working on something that only has a little surface rust. I would like to see how these products work on very rusty, pitted, Model T sheet metal. And I still don't have a clue what is best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 06:16 pm:

I am mainly interested in removing rust from fenders and large body panels. Nothing else seems to work the way the DRX Cleaner does. Another new product I noticed is Evapo Rust Gel. Has anyone used that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTgEYi5OLVo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 07:13 am:

Rick, We have a 55gal. drum of evapo rust here at work. I have had real rusty parts (and I do mean REAL RUSTY) here and just hung it off a 4x4 across the top of the drum and into the evaporust and in a few hours pull it out and it is clean. After a lot of use it gets dirty so I pump it out and through a cloth to strain it and then back in the drum... I think it works great... but I have never used the GEL.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration