Running board Brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Running board Brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 10:22 am:

I have the frame off my 26 coupe, it's setting on sawhorses. I noticed that the running board brackets are bent. they are not parallel to each other, both up and down and fore and aft. The question is how do I straighten them, I wouldn't think heat isn't a good idea any suggestions. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 11:35 am:

Cold bending is rather easy, they got bent that way over the years :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 12:13 pm:

Slip a 4' piece of pipe over them, with the end where you want it to bend and give er hell...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 02:14 pm:

I also used a pipe about 4' long to straighten the running board brackets on my 21 Touring. I think I used a 1 1/2 piece of pipe. It was the first one I picked up in my scrap pile. It worked fine.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration