Successful Title Transfer in Virginia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Successful Title Transfer in Virginia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Neal on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 11:53 am:

I know every state is different in its requirements and Iíve read some of the horror stories folks have had titling their Ts, but I wanted to provide my experience titling my 1925 Roadster to the forum. I bought my project car in Kansas with a Kansas title back in 2016 and have been plugging away at it. Iím at the point where Iím imagining getting it on the road, so I decided to head down to the local DMV office to obtain a Commonwealth of Virginia title. Iím not ready to register it yet, just focused on the title here. DMV required only the old Kansas title, their application form, one proof of residence, the $10 fee, and payment of the 4.1% sales tax. Virginia does not require a bill of sale if the purchase was greater than 12 months ago and Virginia does not require a VIN verification inspection. The only glitch was the lack of an odometer reading which required the clerk to enter a code that no one seemed to know. This added 15 minutes to the transaction while she tracked down that administrivia. All told, I was in and out of DMV with a new Virginia title in-hand in less than one hour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 02:20 pm:

Odometer reading ? I can't Texas requiring a mileage reading when I got my 2 bonded titles for my 2 T's.
Like you mentioned every state is different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 02:59 pm:

Found this on a web search.

Odometer exempt over 10 years old vehicle. WHY?
www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?909759-Odometer...
I am a licensed dealer in Texas. As is the case in TX and many other states if the vehicle is 10 years or older the odometer, regardless of if the dealer puts the actual miles on the title paperwork or not will be listed as EXEMPT per state.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration