Stan and Ollie

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Stan and Ollie
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 01:43 pm:

I just came across this and wanted to share it.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=stan+and+ollie+trailer&view=detail&mid=67D3 18A85244EAB37BF167D318A85244EAB37BF1&FORM=VIRE0&mmscn=tpvh&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dst an%2band%2bollie%2btrailer%26qs%3dn%26form%3dQBLH%26sp%3d-1%26pq%3d%26sc%3d0-0%2 6sk%3d%26cvid%3d774E46DA3B9B4A4FB3AF855E4F84AC09

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 03:02 pm:

Looks like it will be awesome. It truly is a interesting story. Stan was the brains and manager of everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 06:37 pm:

That looks like it should be pretty good. I hope you dont mind, Herb but the following video popped up with the real pair and their adventures with the Model T. In many cases, the Model T was the star of their films. I hope the T is prominently featured in the movie. Jim Patrick

www.bing.com/videos/search?q=stan+and+ollie+demolish+a+car&&view=detail&mid=90C8 E95D43F5143CE58390C8E95D43F5143CE583&&FORM=VRDGAR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 06:56 pm:

Thanks. I will look forward to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 08:12 am:

A BBC production ..... will it be shown in USA theater's ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 09:28 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_NnK1X46Mc
Stan Laurel
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 10:15 am:

In 1997, before he died of a drug overdose, Chris Farley was being considered for the roll of Rosco "Fatty" Arbuckle, who was a silent era movie comedian whose career was ruined when, at one of his wild parties, a woman named Virginia Rappe died under mysterious circumstances. Chris who was disappointed and depressed over the direction his career had taken, was very much looking forward to the roll.

Though Chris Farley was obese, he had an amazing amount of grace and ability for physical humor. He was also very nice and loved by virtually everyone. Had he lived, I'm sure the Fatty Arbuckle movie would have been a success and made Chris Farley into a superstar and I can imagine that it would have been Chris Farley who would have been the first choice for the roll of Oliver "Babe" Hardy. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 10:46 am:

I can't wait to watch it. Charlie Chaplin and Stan & Ollie had a major impact of my love for Model T car. I will look forward to it for sure. Thank you to share it.
Mario

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bowie on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 04:29 pm:

I remember when they would play Laurel and Hardy movies on regular TV on Sundays. Mostly through the 70s and 80s. Now I live not far from Harlem GA where Oliver Hardy was from. There is a small museum there and they have a yearly festival.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

I wonder if that replica of their squished T that was for sale recently will be in the movie?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 05:26 pm:

If Ts are featured in the movie, I hope none are destroyed to make movie props. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 07:26 pm:

Having read extensively and done some research, I highly doubt that the two ever had an argument as depicted in the trailer.

However, I sincerely hope that this movie will spark an interest among the younger folks in the two funniest men that ever existed.

I remember when I was doing a lot of directing of high school plays, I mentioned Laurel and Hardy. They never heard of them and they thought it was one name: Laurleandhardy!

We would occasionally have movie nights for the drama kids as teaching tools. So, I showed them "Way Out West". They LOVED L and H!!!! It did my heart good to see how those two could make those teens laugh out loud and hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bowie on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

Here is a link to the Museums Facebook page if anyone is interested. They operate off of donations only and are working to refurbish the towns old one screen theater as the new location for the museum.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Laurel-and-Hardy-Museum-of-Harlem-GA-46415113699655 4/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

Hi Marty. We can never know that. While wed like to imagine that there was never a cross word or hurt feeling between them, they were human and had the same emotions as all of us. They were best pals and partners for 40 years and loved eachother with a love that only time, mutual experiences and combined memories can create. Even married couples with great love and respect for eachother have disagreements and misunderstandings and when they are able to work through these times, without leaving and choosing to stay, they come out stronger on the other side and Im sure that Stan and Ollie were no different and were only strengthened by these misunderstandings. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, September 28, 2018 - 09:59 pm:

Looking forward to January......

Stan and Ollie

https://www.stanandollie.co.uk/.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration