Can you identify the manufacturer?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Can you identify the manufacturer?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 02:15 pm:

Can you identify the company that manufactured the depot hack body in this photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 03:09 pm:

More of a "covered express" than a depot hack - hacks usually have multiple seats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim R. Wynn on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 03:46 pm:

Any idea of when it was produced? Syverson Cabinet Company of Desplains, IL produced wooden replacement / kit bodies back in the 70s. I don't know if they are still in business. My Syverson bodied speedster has a VERY small brass tag located on the seat riser.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 04:58 pm:

I have no idea when it was produced and it has no brass tag. Bummer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 05:23 pm:

Actually Kim, Syverson Cabinet Company was (or, maybe is?) in Palatine, Illinois. The founder of the business passed away about 15 years or so ago, but I believe the son (Ray Syverson) continued on with the business at that time. Whether that business still exists or not, I am not sure,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 11:03 pm:

The firewall on my 09 was made by the Syverson company. I contacted Ray to see if date it for me and during the discussion I believe he also retired quite recently.
The company moved several times and as they always put their name and town on the products, it is possible to determine when various items were fabricated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 11:31 pm:

The body looks home made to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Benjey on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

I found a Syverson catalog on-line. It looks like mine is a covered express but it's a little different from the one in the catalog. Here is a link to it: https://www.nwvs.org/Technical/SyversonWoodBodies.pdf

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration