A Different Stewart speedo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: A Different Stewart speedo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 07:50 pm:

My dad found this along the way and it's in my 24 touring car.
He thought it was Russian from the lettering.
I have finally figured out what the marks he had painted on are. 20, 30 and 40 mph are the black lines and the red line is 45 mph. Checked with the "WAZE" app, that my wife has on her phone. Like a radar detector and more, a map shows where a cop or disabled vehicle is about 1/4 mile before and speed through GPS.
I did hit 50 mph once and it was still pulling !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 08:05 pm:

Russia had their own units of measurements up to july 1925 then changed to metric, your fathers markings for miles don't seem to a metric conversion on the dial so maybe the Russian version.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 08:28 pm:

Correct, 60 kph is almost 38 mph.
Either it's the Russian scale or the kph are off.
At least I know now and shouldn't be getting any speeding tickets !
Sorry about my mug in the reflection...lol

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration