Original 24 and 25 Tudor carpet question.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Original 24 and 25 Tudor carpet question.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 11:18 pm:

Hi guys. I have a question concerning carpeting for the 24-25 Tudor. Where does the front carpet meet the back carpet? I know it meets under the passenger/jump-seat somewhere. Does anyone have a photo or illustration showing this "joining area"? Hope someone has an answer. Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 07:54 am:

I can't find any photos of an original car. Perhaps these will help. This is a repro carpet in my 1925 Tudor and the Body List illustration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 11:30 pm:

Thank you Richard, this will help a lot. My plans are to make my own patterns then take them to a local custom automobile upholster. I'm sure they will be able to get the square weave carpet and cloth binding, as both are available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 08:03 am:

That is a very good way to do it. The rear carpet I bought was large in both directions. I had built the body so there may have been some slight differences from the original. It was easy to cut it to size but the binding isn't as good as the experts can do it.
Best of luck with the project.
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration