Restoration books either printed or digital media

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Restoration books either printed or digital media
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bowie on Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 09:46 am:

So as a new potential Model T owner...What books are the most essential to restoring and working Model Ts? What books are still in publication? Are there any that have been moved to a digital format for easy access? Are there any that are out of print that I should pick up even if its a bit expensive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 09:52 am:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 10:03 am:

The Model T Ford Service manual is the best overall for any T owner.Many years ago it was my first book I bought of many. You can take one apart and put back together using this book.Commonly referred to as the bible of T maintenance. There are many other specialty manuals and CD's which can be purchased
at Langs or Snyders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 10:06 am:

Owners manual that covers your year. Model T Ford Service. The dealers will carry them. The Ford Service book will cover just about any service question you may have.
I cut the binding off my copy of the Ford Service book and put in a binder so the pages lay flat when I am working on a car.

(Message edited by redmodelt on September 27, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bowie on Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 11:17 am:

Ok just purchased the books available thru the MTFCA website. Are the 1926 and 27 Touring owners manuals the same?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 11:47 am:

Some things will be the same in both manuals, but the fuel sections are different, and so is information on wheels. I didn't take time to look at both in detail.

There's a lot of good help here: http://modelt-tips.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 12:27 pm:

Digital is great BUT you can't easily carry it to the garage, mark it up, or pass it on to your kids/grandkids.

At one time I got my Audi manuals on CD ($100 or so) but I printed the pages covering what I was working on. When I got ride of the Audi I couldn't sell the manual because it needed verification to run on a computer and then it became not compatible with my latest computer.

I still have my Dad's printed manuals for the T and they remain compatible with my eyesight even though I sometimes need a magnifier

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 12:32 pm:

William: There's a wealth of model T info here, easily read on line and easily printed if you want a paper copy. Best to you, jb

http://www.cimorelli.com/mtdl/default.htm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration