What's this cowl fit ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: What's this cowl fit ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 03:00 pm:

Vent or gas flap ?
Stand alone cowl, doesn't look like it was cut from a body.
My guess is 26-27 Hack ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 04:43 pm:

I believe it is a 1924 closed car. Later that year or in '25 the add on bead under the windshield became one piece with the cowl. This discussion shows the difference. As we have stated before, these cars were introduced in October of 1923 but were 1924 models. Many changes occurred in the '24 '25 period and not necessarily year changes.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/587956.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 05:20 pm:

So, it would be a vent, not a gas flap ?
It will be for sale...make a good start for a project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 07:43 pm:

Looks like it's the cowl off a 24-25 closed car. Coupe 2 dr or 4 dr.
If the handle and ratchet mechanism is still on the vent it can worth as much or more than the cowl.
To the right person it's worth what someone is willing to pay. Most closed car body only parts are not being reproduced like the open cars are.
Looks to be in good shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 08:08 pm:

I'll have to dig it out and check for the handle, thanks John.
It's in the attic of the main garage...it does look pretty sweet.
Maybe I'll make a speedster or something out of it, in all the spare time I don't have !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration