1914 Model "T" Wins at NJ Concours d'Elegance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1914 Model "T" Wins at NJ Concours d'Elegance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 05:56 am:

Saturday morning I had the pleasure of attending the NJ Concours d'Elegance at Bucks Mill Park in Colts Neck. The organizers went "all out" to put on a beautiful show and everyone from the judges right on up to the Grand Marshall could not have been more hospitable. My 1914 Touring was in "Class 1", the 1900 - 1929 group.

t1

t2

t3

t5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 07:04 am:

Congratulations! What a beautiful car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 08:07 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 08:17 am:

Very nice, congrats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 08:57 am:

Congratulations!

What was the highwheeler next to you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 09:27 am:

That "Highwheeler" actually was a static museum replica! The "engine" was an intricately carved block of wood, as was the running gear..... It was trailered (obviously) onto the show field and simply pushed into position. The sign stated it was a replica of an 1897 Daimler...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 09:47 am:

Gary: Congratulations indeed !!!!!!!!!! Beautiful weather for a change in Monmouth County. Friend from Colts Neck told me about show, I could not attend.

Bob J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 09:47 am:

Are the rear wheels on that '14 Ford 24 inch (30 x 3 tires) or are my eyes just playing tricks on me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 09:57 am:

How satisfying is that? It's a great looking car and well deserved.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 10:06 am:

Congratulations. A spectacular 14 T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 11:40 am:

Thanks guys! It was really neat to see a few Model "T"'s sharing the show field with LaSalles, Cadillacs, Packards, Rolls......I'm glad the Fords were included among the "swells"! And my car had a crowd around it all day, taking photos, talking about the gas lamps, the bulb horn....People were fascinated with the "T".

Erik: Your eyes are not fooling you. The Model "T" has 30X3" tires on the front and 30X3 1/2" tires on the rear. The front wheels are one inch larger diameter than the rear wheels. But when mounted, both tires have a 30" diameter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 12:41 pm:

The camera is playing tricks on me.

It looks like the rear wheels are 24 inch, not 23 inch to me. Maybe because the car is at a slight angle in the photo where it is next to the red table with the crystal. The shadows and contrast between the tire and wheel are a contributing factor to the illusion.

30 - 3 -3 = 24 inches (stock front wheels)

30 - 3.5 -3.5 = 23 inches (stock rear wheels)

Most brands of 30 x 3.5 tires sold today are oversize and look ridiculously bulbous which makes a 23 inch wheel look even smaller to me. Your 30 x 3.5 Non-Skids on the rear are probably closer to nominal and not so bulbous as other brands creating the illusion in my mind that it is a 24 inch wheel instead of 23.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenneth w delong on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 01:03 pm:

Very nice,and i really like the pin stripes! The fenders seem to sit very high? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

Very nice...congrats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

Congratulations! What a beautiful car and very,very nice. Be proud. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration