MOTHER LODE- CALIFORNIA CAR REGISTRATIONS 1921

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: MOTHER LODE- CALIFORNIA CAR REGISTRATIONS 1921
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 06:10 am:

Here's just about every vehicle in California in 1921, full poop. I'll bet a few T's on here are in these pages. HAPPY HUNTING! Many volumes to go thru. Download and save the files. Gary https://www.accessgenealogy.com/california/1921-california-automobile-registrati ons.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 10:20 am:

over 1/2 million brands serial numbers, owners names and addresses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

Very interesting. Does anyone know if this is available for other years? Having it in digital form with a search bar is very helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 01:05 am:

Very cool! I would love to have it for 1928!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 02:11 am:

Okay this is an amazing resource for looking up info on old photos. I found an image on ebay listed as "1917 Ford Model T Speedster Photo" the licence plate in the photo had the following digits: 284315.

I looked in the above resource and found the following information on the registration in 1921:
"J E Slack 1st Lieut 11th Cavalry Presidio of Monterey, Grant T17, 19074"

And careful inspection does show that the photo is really a Grant Motor Co car, not a Ford Model T.

What an awesome research tool even if the car is a few years older than 1921!

Thanks!

Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 11:38 am:

I finally got around to looking this resource over. Searched "Fischer" and found my grandfather's name. Sure enough, it says he lived in Fillmore, CA and owned a Chevrolet. That's consistent with family lore.

Tried my mother's family name and came up empty handed. They were poor farmers at that time and probably didn't have a car yet. Or ..... knowing my grandfather, he probably wouldn't have bothered to register a car even if he owned one. He didn't bother to get a hunting license or worry about deer season, either. If he saw a deer on his property, eating leaves off one of his orange trees, it was his deer and his dinner. Buck,doe, fawn, didn't matter. It was his. I sure miss that guy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration