Mark Fleischhacker,Coil repairman

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Mark Fleischhacker,Coil repairman
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 06:07 pm:

Does anyone have information about Mark, his phone message box is full. Hope he is doing well, trying to get hold of him about some coil work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 06:24 pm:

He passed away last July.

http://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/0000267301/?fullname=mark-gregory-f leischhacker

http://www.startribune.com/mark-fleischhacker-who-helped-build-minnesota-s-med-t ech-industry-dies-at-66/490868841/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 06:51 pm:

I just started a thread about this, didnt see this one oops

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 07:09 pm:

The coil Doctor does good and reasonable work. I have 3 T's and all have the Coil Doctors refurbished coils. All work great.
I think his name is Brent Mize.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

What about magneto rebuilding, who is the reputable rebuilder of them, I thought total recoil just did mags

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

Out here on the Left Coast Eric Larson rebuilds coils and is Very Reasonable. I've heard nothing but good reports about his work.

His website is ModelTCoils.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

I think there's some confusion here between coils...

...and coil rings (mag rings).

Wally Zumowski operated Total Recoil, rebuilding mag rings, for many years. He retired and sold the business to Mark, who died this summer. Ron Patterson, Brent Mize, and several others rebuild coils. I'm not sure who is doing mag rings now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins So Cal on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 10:19 pm:

RV Anderson rebuilds both kind of coils.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art McTevia on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

Brent Mize did mine.Working fine for 5 years,Nicest man you will ever deal with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 05:31 am:

Make sure you ask to have both sides surface ground. This was one of the main advantages of Mark’s coils and it was included in all of his rebuilds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 09:34 am:

Kim is correct, though as far as ignition coils go, while I do rebuild all types, I pretty much specialize in the early ones (pr-'14).

I have rewound many thousands of field coils, and will have some on hand at Hershey (spaces RSA 88-90). Bring your cores and save some very considerable shipping $$$.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Koll on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Marks son Jon may be continuing the business, but I don't know for sure. They had developed some fairly expensive machines to wind and assemble and I doubt those will now go wasted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

Thank you everyone for the responses. So sorry to hear about Mark. Hope his family is doing ok. The reason I inquired is, I had left two cores with him at Chickasha and paid for two rebuilt mag cores but he only had one left and he said he would get another one done and sent to me. So sorry to hear this about him, will say a prayer for him.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration