26 coupe front windscreen

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 26 coupe front windscreen
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 05:51 pm:

Hi guys,
Can someone help and tell me how to remove the front windscreen on a 26 coupe? I thought it may slide in the rail but both sides are bent up so that doesnt work. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 06:44 pm:

the hinge is bolted along the top edge to the body with about 12 bolts. The nuts are behind the upholstery panel. If you swing the windshield open you will see the bolt heads. You may have to take off the swing arms to open it far enough to get a wrench or screwdriver on the bolt heads. The hinge does not slide apart, the two halves are not separable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 07:04 pm:

Thank you for that. I did see the screws but was unsure if I had to undo everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 07:26 pm:

Actually it should slide out if you un bend the ends. If it is not rusty. You must open the window wide to do this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 09:07 pm:

When I bought my 1926 coupe, it was obvious it had spent many years outdoors, somewhere until someone rescued it and towed it home. It was badly rusted all over with the doors, quarter panels and trunk rusted all the way through, 4 up with deep rust pits and dents all over and there were 45 cal. bullet holes going all the way through the body. The splash shields and running board were rusted thin and full of holes so they had to be replaced. There was no top, upholstery or wood of any kind, however, the glass was all there and the spokes were still good. The windshield screws were rusted on so tightly, I was unable to unscrew any of the screws holding the hinge to the top of the frame, so I had to drill the screws out.

Whenever I went to install the windshield frame back in place, I drilled 1 holes into the box above the windshield in line with each screw so I could insert a nut over each hole and screw new screws up into the hinge holes and into the nuts. I held the nuts with a small wrench as I tightened the screws. The 1 holes were covered with the upholstered panel above the windshield frame. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration