Whelp....i've reached the limit.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Whelp....i've reached the limit.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 08:18 pm:

Gonna have to replace the brake band. Something that should take less than 30 minutes usually takes me all day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 08:38 pm:

William,

If you mean the transmission band and you have the style that you have to remove the cover to change -- I haven't heard of anyone routinely doing that in 30 min. Not to mention that while you have the cover off you might as well replace the other bands unless they are in really good shape with lots of life left.

By the way the Ford Service advertised 1 hour 53 min for an experienced Ford Mechanic to do that job (on a starter car).

The same Ford Service mentions 40 min for the removable ear bands -- but they have a lot of experience doing that job.

Good luck and don't get frustrated. Take a break when needed.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration