Option to Fordwood.com?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Option to Fordwood.com?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 08:41 am:

I'm looking for another vendor for some wood for my 24 Touring....other than Fordwood.com

I emailed them and got a response about a week later. They said they had part of what I needed in stock and I immediately replied and said I'd take it and asked how to pay, etc. They didn't reply so I waited a few days and emailed them again. Then waited another week...emailed them again. Nothing. I then called and left a message....nothing. So, I'm going to call that good enough and move on to another vendor.

I'm needing the thick, multi-piece belt rails that go around the top/back of the seats on my Touring and a couple of vertical risers that are placed at the rear of the rear doors.

Any suggestions for another vendor that will return messages and fill an order?

RV Anderson...If you read this...I think you mentioned that you (or your brother) might be making these at some point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jahn Wright - Rio Rancho NM on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 10:19 am:

Don, I bought some individual pieces from Classic Wood Products in NC. Although they only list complete sets on the web site (http://www.classicwoodproductsllc.com/), they did sell me the individual roof parts I needed for my '25 coupe. Probably worth a call.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:10 am:

Thanks Jahn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:13 am:

Langs list them. The illustration may be just a general one, I would call and ask if they are the multi piece set.
https://www.modeltford.com/item/WTS1F.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:22 am:

Hi Mark...I think that listing on Lang's site is just the tack strip...ie, the thin piece of wood that is there to tack the upholstery to.

What I'm needing is the big, thick pieces that join together to make the main structural piece that goes around the top of the front and rear buckets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:23 am:

I am about to call them though....so thanks for the lead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:59 am:

That might be just a stock image in the catalog. The 24's only used the multi piece tack rail not the thin one piece rail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

I just placed an order for the items I needed with the folks Jahn Wright recommended (Classic Wood Products).

Jahn was correct...they didn't list individual pieces but when I called them, they were able to price and sell individual pieces.

It's going to be a while before the order is filled, but I think that's probably par for the course when it comes to buying complicated wood pieces for a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 05:22 pm:

I have restored 2 open T's using the wood kits. They worked pretty well overall but it did take a little refitting of the wood pieces to the body metal.
Just be aware that will usually happen when fitting up replacement wood pieces.
It's nice that old car guys have sources that will make the pieces.
My kits came from Fordwood and their only drawback is them filling an order promptly. Unfortunately this happens with them and Howell's sheet metal. I wish they could improve in this area but it seems it's just the way it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 05:38 pm:

Does anyone sell wood plans? Ones you can print, trace and cut? Would love them for a 26 coupe for the windows and roof.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 07:39 pm:

Shawn this "might" help ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:42 pm:

Sure does. Thanks :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration