1911 on tbay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1911 on tbay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 01:32 pm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-Ford-Model-T/173571935706?hash=item2869b18dda:g:XS UAAOSwcbRbrSxz&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 01:43 pm:

That is a nice presentation of a great looking '11.
I hope it finds a good home.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 04:40 pm:

That same car has been recently advertised on Craigslist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

Mercy. What a beautiful car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

Very nice looking car! You would think with the number of sell the guy who is listing it would not ask for cashiers check or list his friends phone number!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 09:31 pm:

A car built in the last week of September, 1911 is a 1912 model year car, not a 1911.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 10:19 pm:

Wow. -That car is just achingly beautiful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 10:33 pm:

Gorgeous! Its amazing how different the paint color can look in different light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 08:49 am:

Few things look as good as a wooden stepped body with an open front seat. -Near the top of my wish-list is a late 1911 or very early '12 Touring with the early body. They had the closed-valve engine and the late rear-end, but with all the brass, leather, diamond-tufted seating and pin-striping of the original model-year. -And that pair of long, brass windshield-braces tied the whole look together. -If only it had hood-louvers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 09:19 am:

I don't know which source is correct, but as a matter of curiosity, MTFCA and MTFCI list the date range for "model" years differently. My copy of the MTFCI Judging guidelines state that the 1911 model year ended in December 1911.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 04:11 pm:

Agreed Wayne, a little confusing, MTFCA encyclopedia lists it as model year to Dec 1911 but serial # at Sept 30 for a fiscal year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 04:23 pm:

Back to the original post of the thread, it looks like the quality of restoration is top notch. There are only a few things I would have done differently.

In regard to the tread drift... I generally call a car by its model year, not by Ford's fiscal year. The step-side touring cars with two-piece dash were made up through December 1911. I'd call any of those, 1911. The slab-side body cars with one piece dash started about January, 1912. I call a slab-side bodied car, 1912.

On open cars, Ford used the 1914 body well into January of 1915 before producing 1915s with the sloped cowl. I have never seen an open car that was produced Oct-Dec 1914 that is called, 1915.

I am biased of late 1911 touring cars, as mine is mid-November 1911 and the paperwork from the original owner has it titled as a 1911. However ALL cars after about 83,000 (early November) 1911 came from the factory with fore-doors. Furthermore, ALL slab-side 1912 cars came from the factory with fore-doors. Although they were called "detachable," they were not "optional."

I'll get off my soap box now...

: ^ )

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration