OT- Public Service Announcement for Model T's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT- Public Service Announcement for Model T's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 01:40 am:

Consider this a public service announcement:
If you live in the country, and work on your own vehicles, you might want to take note.

1. Always spread a tarp underneath your vehicle so that as you're working, when you drop bolts and nuts, they will land on the tarp and not in the grass or on the ground and you will be able to find them.

2. Make sure when you're doing this that the tarp has no holes in it.

3. When putting the tarp on the ground, make sure that there are no ant beds underneath the tarp.

4. If your tarp does have a hole, be extra careful that it's not centered over the ant mound.

5. When the ants start to bite you and they get all in your hair and in your beard, and inside your clothes, be sure that you are not the shy and modest type. Feel free to jump up and down, brushing the ants off vigorously while stripping naked in your yard.

6. While making your dash to the house naked, be sure not to trip and fall. Once you get inside the house, a long hot shower will help. This will not remove all the ants, however. Be sure that your spouse has quit laughing long enough to examine your body very carefully for any ants that might be remaining.

Now, I tell you all of this strictly as a public service announcement. In no way should you take it to mean that it has happened to me. Recently!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 01:55 am:

Yah, right!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 01:59 am:

-Bob-
The 'mental pictures' did tickle the funny bone! BTW, do you have those 'fire ants' around San Diego?

Fix it, and make it work...
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 02:45 am:

I needed a good laugh today. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 03:43 am:

Its why we love the hobby so much !

Thank you for a little light side of life :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 08:19 am:

Thanks for the information. I will keep it in mind.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 08:32 am:

Good to know! Thanks, I felt a bit "itchy' just reading it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 10:22 am:

Thank you for your perceptive warning, Bob. You description of this hypothetical event was so graphic that I began to fear that you had experienced such a calamity.

So I was highly relieved to learn that it had not actually happened to you. Recently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 10:48 am:

I have tarps under mine when I work, the nuts/bolts still take off to the wild blue yonder regardless!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Pfau - Michigan on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 10:57 am:

I guess Michigan winters aren't so bad after all. At least it keeps those guys at bay. Glad to hear you're during good after that not happening to you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 11:12 am:

This is not about a T but about ants. One day I was clearing some brush and carrying it uphill to put on a pile. I stopped to rest about half way. Suddenly I started to tingle and sting all over especially around my chest and wondered if I was having a heart attack. I went on and felt alright. Later when I went to take a shower, I noticed red welts all over the areas which had been stinging. Wondered if I was getting measles or some other disease? Next day I was in the same area and noticed that where I had stopped to rest was a red ant hill. The red ant is a California version of fire ant! The sting is similar to a bee sting. So watch out where you park your T when you work on it.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 11:24 am:

I am glad all the area that I can get a car on at my place is concrete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 04:03 pm:

Marv,
We don't have "fire ants" per se, but I understand they're getting close. Still, the ones we do have are holding their own! Like Norm says.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 06:35 pm:

It's human nature to point out the misgivings of ants but I feel I must add that without them our farm would have been a dismal failure. If left to the uncles and the grasshoppers it would have been a complete waste of time.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 07:41 pm:

Beautiful Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Monday, October 08, 2018 - 12:51 am:

Sheesh, that sounds like my yard.
And yes, my wife always thought me strange to be nude in my own yard. :-/

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration