Parts that are going to scrap if no one wants them

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Parts that are going to scrap if no one wants them
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 08:35 pm:

This is a copy of an email from Bill Aber at the Tar Heal T's. Some parts are not Model T.

Another offer from a fellow who has found some old parts and you can contact if interested in picking up some spares.
You should contact him directly, the club is only involved in providing you with the information.
Bill Aber

------ Forwarded Message --------
Date: 10/9/2018 10:18:00 AM
Subject: Model T/A? Parts
To: tarheelts@tarheelts.com

I just come across this stuff cleaning a property out. I'm hoping to sell some of it before it goes to the scrap yard.
Any takers. RSVP ASAP please.

617-750-3219
496 Will Boone Rd. Mocksville, NC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 08:40 pm:

Here is the previous email with parts for sale:

We have received an email from a fellow who recently bought a home which included some old T parts. He wanted us to know in case a member would be interested in checking them out. The mail follows. If interested you should contact him directly. The club is not involved other than letting you know about his findings:
"I recently purchased a home and the previous owner left a bunch of model T stuff that Iím looking to sell.
>
> These parts consist of 4-frames(one has engine and transmission) several rear ends. These have been stored outside.
>
> In a building and basement I have another block with crank, head, manifold etc, engine pan, transmission(internal) 4-radiators, 4-wood wheels(some spokes are bad) and one wire spoked wheel.
>
> Let me know if anyone in your club would be interested in this stuff. Iím located in Stony Point NC.
>
> Thanks,
> Dustin
> 7047919646 "

Bill Aber

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 11:20 pm:

If I were within a hundred or two miles, I would would haul off almost anything model T, even allow others to pick out a few pieces they could use first. Looks like some good pieces, but not a lot of dollar value.
I couldn't care less about the early V8 stuff myself. Even though some of it may be worth more money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 01:11 am:

I hope someone helps Dustin to not scrap these items. I'm too far away too else I'd help with it all.
What a mess for Dustin but... none of that old "junk" needs to go to the furnace or a ship to f'ing china does it?
Reminds me of an old tractor friend that really dislikes some folks nowadays that don't actually realize the value in saving and caring for...
Thank you Neil! Hopefully our NC or close by fellas can help clean this mess up for Dustin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 02:42 am:

Aww man! All the good stuff is in the USA.

I saw some stuff 10 times worse than that in my country & people were fighting over it. Couldn't get near it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles F. on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 05:54 am:

Am I the only one in South Carolina looking at this thinking, "Hey, there's a speedster in that mess somewhere!" ??

Someone needs to go grab some of this, it's pretty cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 07:42 am:

Go get that stuff, Mack. What's that for you? 50 miles?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bowie on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 07:54 am:

That's 3.5hrs from me...plus I'd have to rent a trailer..then I don't have a shed to store it in..just a carport. So..I hope someone else can do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 08:10 am:

Ouch! I hate to see stuff scrapped. I have paid good money for parts just like those that I may not use. To far to go for more of the same. Still it is a shame if nobody can use them.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 08:25 am:

It is on the wrong side of the Atlantic.
I will be already in the car to get it if it was on my side.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 08:43 am:

Judging by the original statement, it's for sale unless this is what is left after he sold off stuff

"I just come across this stuff cleaning a property out. I'm hoping to sell some of it before it goes to the scrap yard.
Any takers. RSVP ASAP please"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 08:53 am:

One mans trash is another mans treasure! Now that's treasure!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 10:47 am:

Well,I found this thread.I have not felt well lately and I am so far behind on what I have already started.If things are still in place some time next week I might get up with them and find out what the price is on some of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

Even with too many irons in the fire and old car stuff literally all over my property, if I was 5 hours or less away from this stuff, I'd be going to get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 11:28 pm:

Dad and I went to see Mark today and picked up all the salvageable T stuff he had. Hopefully it will help us keep our flivver, and maybe a few others, on the road. Thanks to Mark for digging this stuff out and saving it from the smelter, and thanks to Bill for passing along the information! Iíll attach a photo when I figure out how to format it. Stand by...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 11:44 pm:

Some of it is probably beyond repair, but there are three relatively complete engines and transmissions, three front and rear axles, and various other chassis parts. There are also two mostly bare blocks that look pretty darn good. Time to figure out how to pour and bore bearings! T parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 11:54 pm:

Good stuff! Glad to see this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 12:01 am:

I should have said thanks to Bill AND Neil for passing along the information. Thereís no telling how much of this stuff gets taken to the scrapyard every day. I shutter to think about it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 12:02 am:

Tyler, is anything left(non-T) of value? I'm not far away and might check on the remaining stuff. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 12:12 am:

Tommy, he has an assortment of flathead 8 stuff. He said the V-8 blocks and intakes are spoken for. But, there is what appears to be a complete model A rear axle and drive shaft assembly and a rear axle and driveshaft assembly for a V8 Ford (hydraulic brakes) still there. The housing for the A model axle is toast, but the innards may be salvageable. The 8 axle looked pretty good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler on Sunday, November 04, 2018 - 12:16 am:

Oh, and there is a model A frame there with 4 shocks still attached that looks decent too. Mark is a nice fellow. You should go meet him if you get a chance.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration