Old Photo - Car, Kid and Hose

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Car, Kid and Hose
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 08:29 am:

Been there. Done that. ;O0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 08:37 am:

Amazing how we survived :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 09:59 am:

let it run for a bit to push all the snails out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon A. Clayton Sr. on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 10:28 am:

We used to drink out of the creek too.

Still alive at 77

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 11:44 am:

My older brothers and I used to haul water in milk cans up from the creek that cut across our Northern Michigan property every day for my mom to use.

One day she was upstream picking blue berries and found a deer carcass in the creek that had been there for quite awhile.

To be sure, she got a new well dug shortly after that, but every time I get a chance to drive that way I pull over, get out, climb down the sandy bank to the culvert that passes under the road and grab a couple of handfuls of that cold, sweet, tannin-tinged elixir!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 04:35 pm:

Gentlemen:
I like to use this sort of thing as an excuse for my behavior tell my daughters that this is why I act like I do seems to work on them ! always an optimist Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

That is me every hot summer day working outside!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 09:49 pm:

After a nice cool drink, it was off to play with your friends again. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 09:54 pm:

Rubberized water. The best on blazing hot summer days. (Or should it be daze) ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 12:03 am:

My uncle farmed and ranched north of Rapid City,South Dakota. Sometimes when I was a kid I would go up and work for him in the summer and pal around with my cousin. They had a poor well but the neighbors about a mile and a half west had a good one with a hand pump. We would drive the '28 Model A coupe with a pickup box in the back full of milk cans up there,fill them up,and have water for cooking,washing,etc. The Good Ol' Days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 11:33 am:

I even made a drinking fountain out of a hose and an orange crate on end! Tasted a bit rubbery, but it was cold water on a hot day! I made a drinking dish for the dog by putting the bowl under the faucet and let it drip just a little. That worked fine until one day when the water froze!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 11:47 am:

Whenever I get a hose like that, this one insist that her tongue be closest to the end.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration