Found at Hershey Coil Box Top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Found at Hershey Coil Box Top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff & Cindy Pyle on Friday, October 12, 2018 - 06:06 pm:

WOW
Hershey is Amazing. We found a coil box cover for our '26. Does anyone know if there should be any type of insulation in the top ? Can the coil tops short out ?
Can't Wait for next year
Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Friday, October 12, 2018 - 06:13 pm:

The lid was just steel inside, to my recollection.
I believe there's a tab that holds the coils down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, Prescott, AZ on Friday, October 12, 2018 - 06:20 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/705113.html?1483498230

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, October 12, 2018 - 10:03 pm:

There are two springs inside the cover of the 26-27 coil box that press down on the tops of the 4 coils to keep them in place. These springs were riveted to the lid, so if you see holes or broken bits inside the cover and no actual springs, you know something is missing. Unfortunately the many illustrations in Bob's posted link show none of this, but springs definitely need to be there to keep coils in place and the engine from misfiring. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

Snyders is selling new 1926--27 coil box covers that are excellent reproductions for $24.95 and they are very correct and more so than most repro parts that I have seen.

I insulate those inside springs with shrink wrap tubing and warm it for a tight fit, as I have had those springs short over to a coil in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 11:34 pm:

26 - 27 coil box lid inside.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration