1916 coupelet model t back on the road

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1916 coupelet model t back on the road
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 08:08 pm:

Just a couple of pictures from today's short test drive in the coupelet. Need to do some tuning but overall Isabel runs good.

Enjoy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 08:10 pm:

Wow, looking good. What a great little car and one we don't get to see very often. Are you going to leave the patina?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 08:21 pm:

I didn't plan on the hodge podge paint scheme but that's the way it will stay. I do plan to do the boiled Linseed treatment in the future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 08:22 pm:

Congratulations! It is always a great feeling getting the car driving again.

Be careful, it is easy to forget the car only has 2 wheel brakes if you haven't been driving them for a while. It looks like you picked a good area to practice driving.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 08:31 pm:

Looks fantastic Philip, best of luck with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 09:30 pm:

Very cool, looks like fun !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

I'll bet your grandfather is very happy!

It is simply beautiful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 07:00 am:

Great to know one of those rare things back on the road !
If I would have been to decide on buying a model T in 1915 this would have been my favourite (although I love my 1916 tourer).
Until today I only saw one coupelet in real and this was in the van Hartogh museum in the Netherlands this year the day before all went away on auction.
Wonder where it went.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 09:49 am:

I really like the look of that linseed oil treatment over aged model T painted sheet metal. Please post more photos after that, or any time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 10:00 am:

Congratulations, Philip. I'm glad you have it back on the road. Your grandfather is smiling. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 01:43 pm:

That aged look on an elegant coupelet is tremendous.
I too would enjoy seeing other photos if you find time.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 04:11 pm:

Thanks for posting. I love to see a rare car on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering - Newton, New Jersey on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 05:16 pm:

What a fantastic car.
Congratulations!

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 10:05 pm:

Great to see! I've been following your progress for years. Don't stop now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

"Is that one of those kit cars, Mister?"

How many times have we all heard that one from some snot-nosed kid wearing headphones?

But, seriously, folks...Nice car, Philip! I've always wanted a Couplette, but so far it hasn't been in the cards for me and probably never will be. $$$$$$$$$$ 'Nice to see someone enjoying what I can't have. :-) Now, where's that lottery ticket I bought for the Powerball Lottery this weekend, my ticket to a Couplette?

Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 03:10 pm:

That is a fabulous looking car. Congratulations and enjoy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 09:39 pm:

That "hodge podge...scheme" suits these eyes to a tee.
Like the rearview mirror. Oh. Look at those curves!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 06:26 pm:

Phil,

Real nice. Great incentive to get my coupelet up and running and out on the road next spring.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration