OT: NRS gas tank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT: NRS gas tank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 06:45 am:

I found this on e-bay , I believe it is a NRS gas tank...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gas-Tank-Brass-Era-1910-1911-1912-1913-1914/26256630627 5?hash=item3d222be1e3:g:4dwAAOSwbsBXplky&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 10:36 am:

I posted a link to the listing on the Early Ford Registry forum. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 10:37 am:

After checking the dimensions....if the listed dimensions are correct it would not be a NRS tank....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 10:41 am:

Oh well, I'm sure the folks on the Early Ford forum will be quick to point that out as well. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 07:41 pm:

Yes the black spots looked like the mounting tabs but in a close up they are riveted on the bottom and the side, so that is not the way an NRS tank would be. An NRS tank would have the tabs sticking out away from the tank. Good call for you have seen it and thought of an NRS tank though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 09:05 am:

Herb you are right, as an update, the lister corrected the dimensions in the listing and told me it was out of a 1911 REO. The NRS tank is shorter in length....about 26"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration