Question for Coupe Owners

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Question for Coupe Owners
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 03:23 pm:

With a few new pictures of coupes posted recently (and that wonderful '16 coupelet) I found myself wondering if the interior dimensions are more generous than the runabout ? The "swell" of the body seems to be greater on the coupes. Perhaps the extra dimension is taken up by the "B" pillar ? Maybe the upholstery is more generous ? I love the lines !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 03:36 pm:

Rich. I am 6í3 and even at 260 lbs., I easily fit behind the wheel and could comfortably drive the car. Now that I am 210 lbs., it is much roomier. The width of the coupe has only enough room for one passenger, but my wife doesnít seem to mind. LOL. Iím sorry but since I am not familiar with the runabout, I am unable to compare them, but since there is a trunk behind the cab of my Ď26 coupe, there is a way to adjust the seat to move it forward or back. Mine is set all the way to the back due to my long legs. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 04:11 pm:

I measured 3" more room from the windshield to the seat back in my 22 Coupe compared to my '14 and '09 tourings. I haven't measured side widths yet.
Rich E.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 04:29 pm:

Doctor's Coupes are a bit more roomier. How do I know, I just know.

Within the secret room, during the design of the original Model T, Ford discovered that a doctor's coupe could be designed based on the principals of engineering to allow for "Time And Relative Dimension In Space".....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration