Brass Radiators and High Heads. Are they compatible?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Brass Radiators and High Heads. Are they compatible?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 07:53 pm:

Is it possible to use a high head with a brass radiator? I am not sure if the alignment is close enough to allow the hose to make up for any misalignment. Anybody successfully mate this arrangement? Thanks for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 08:04 pm:

You have to swap the water outlet for the earlier style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 08:21 pm:

At first glance, I thought it said "brass radiator and high heels" !!
I was all ready for another burlesque show...lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

No problem with a high head and a brass radiator. My 15 has a 18 engine in it As Cory said swap the water outlet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 09:23 pm:

Set your 2 heads down flat on the floor and rotate them around so the outlet gasket surfaces are against each other. You will see that Ford designed the later head to be a simple replacement for the earlier one ( yes longer head bolts are needed).
As Corey alluded to, it is the cylinder head outlet connection that is different for brass or steel shell radiators.
Hint: A short read in the parts book would have told you this.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration