Hershey Day Two

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Hershey Day Two
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 01:20 am:

My interpretation of the forecast for Thursday was that slogging around in the rain would have been an unpleasant waste of time, so I went to the AACA museum instead. There were some interesting cars on display. Some were notable for their rarity, some for their beauty, and some for their historical significance.

There were a lot of Thunderbirds and Mustangs on display. My favorite among those was this 1957.

Another of the modern Fords.

1896 Benton Harbor. It was the first American car built from scratch as an automobile, not an adapted buggy or carriage.

This 1930 DeSoto is staged coming off a covered bridge.

The museum's dim and spotty lighting doesn't do justice to this gorgeous 1930 DuPont Model G cabriolet.

I thought this1932 Model 55 Saint Regis was an unusually beautiful Studebaker.

It's not a car. This is one of the fiberglass replicas made for the Tucker movie.

You can turn the steering wheel and watch the lights turn.

1947 Tucker test chassis #2.

1948 Tucker #1046. It's the first Tucker with an automatic transmission.

1948 Tucker #1022.

Tucker Engine #1 looks impressive, but it couldn't be used due to several design flaws.

This 1914 Stearns Knight is a BIG car.

The Stearns engine is a thing of beauty.

1912 Stearns Knight. Stearns was known for high quality cars

This 1910 Otto runabout looks like fun to drive.

1909 Zimmerman Surrey. The Zimmerman company built cars from 1907 to 1915 but today only 14 are left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 03:16 am:

Great pictures Steve, thanks for sharing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 08:21 am:

More great photos, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 08:44 am:

Great photos. I went there early Sat. Always a great place to visit and the displays change often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 09:26 am:

Thanks, Steve. I think the '57 T-bird is my favorite car of all time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration