Belt wood replacement

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Belt wood replacement
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chuck stevens on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 07:24 am:

before I restore the top and seat I want to renew the wooden belt tack strip. I'm working on a 1921 roadster and I believe this wood has never touched. Looking thru my catalogs I don't see a wood replacement for the 21. My question is will the plastic replacement hold the tacks and screws as well as the wood, thanks Chuck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas Landers NE Indiana on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 08:28 am:

Chuck, I made mine for 26 roadster from the vinyl composit boards from the lumber yard. Crylon black paint on it. That was last winter and I have driven alot of miles this summer on some rough roads and it seems to be holding nails just fine.
Drive safe and often!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 09:13 am:

Chuck : Try some "Kwik-Poly" available from Langs. I used this stuff 25 years ago on my '15 roadster for the seat-back wood and wood door frames and it is amazing. It's not real easy to work with and virtually impossible to get off your hands, so be careful. I made "dams" with masking tape to contain the liquid Kwik-Poly and did a little at a time. It sets up in minutes so take your time and you will be very happy with the results. Good luck : Bruce

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration