Fraud Ford Coat supplier!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Fraud Ford Coat supplier!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 11:36 am:

Some months ago I had asked if anyone knew of a source of "Ford" coats. One forum member forwarded a site that he had found. I'm a big boy, and by no means suggest that he led me astray. I ordered a coat, gave my credit card info and waited, and waited, and waited . . Turns out the free shipping wasn't, my card was billed 40% more than the posted price. My card company and the RCMP have verified that the "web site www.pthapshop.top and the merchant CQTUODAH TRADE ZHONGQINGS are both counterfeit sellers". Guess the adage "Too good to be true" still applies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 07:15 pm:

Probably near impossible to buy a Ford shopcoat now but keep checking eBay and Craigslist.

I bought mine mebbe 6, 7 or 8 years ago when someone posted a message here about vintageshopcoats going out of business soon.

Your only alternative is to buy a vintage duster and then find an embroidered Ford emblem you can sew onto it.

I thought I had been taken to the cleaners when I ordered my shopcoat as it took well over a month to arrive and I just assumed the money was pocketed and gone. I'm sorry to hear it happened to you.

Garnet in So-Sask

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 12:50 am:

It should be noted, my credit card company is refunding my card for the full amount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 01:04 am:

If your budget can stand it and you don't mind taking the time, you may eventually find a real vintage coat on eBay or elsewhere online.

The quicker and much less expensive way, though not as authentic, is to buy a new Red Kap or other shop coat online, download the image you want from the internet, print it out, and have a local embroidery shop make a patch for you to sew on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 06:48 pm:

T t T. . . WORTH KNOWING

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 01:36 pm:

There's one on EBay now - little pricey. Have to keep looking - they come up on there periodically. I bought a V8-era one last week (already have the T/A-era coat and now own two V8s so I wanted the V8 coat) that was totally unused for $50.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-FORD-CLASSIC-RIDING-SHOP-COAT-SIZE-LARGE-GOLDEN-FOR D-BUTTONS-100-COTTON/183492904746?hash=item2ab907872a:g:5ngAAOSwF31bvoS0:rk:2:pf :0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

The shop coat on e-bay [referenced above] is a reproduction.

Here's some photos (not greatest) of a real Ford shop coat I have, which I believe is from the V8 era. Buttons are flat and the Ford script is raised, the embroidered script on the back is smaller and the tag says "Made expressly for Ford Motor Company".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 08:21 pm:

Here's the other two photos that didn't come through on my first post. These show the back and the tag....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 09:47 am:

Yes Les - the topic is repro coats and the one on EBay is clearly marked as a repro. Donít think yours is a V8 era. My understanding is the camel colored coat was used from 26-31 and then the color was changed to white with blue collar, cuffs and belt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 08:30 pm:

I thought the seller of the one on e-bay had it marked as an original. If not, my mistake. Also, I wasn't too sure of which era my coat was from so it's great to have a better understanding now. I appreciate the information.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration