OT Old Photo - Pre T Ford...Possibly Model S

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT Old Photo - Pre T Ford...Possibly Model S
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lyndon Moore on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 09:59 am:

Picture dated 1908. Probably Model S. Interesting expression on their faces. Makes you wonder what they are thinking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 10:16 am:

Interesting camera angle too. It looks like the top is at half mast as we sometimes see them.
Thanks for posting this.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 10:19 am:

All his money must have went into the car because that dude hasn't been to the barber in quite some time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 11:29 am:

Lyndon, I agree, an S runabout or R. No splash aprons should mean it's not an S roadster. If the tires are 28x3 , S. If they are 30x3 it should be an R.

There are two reasons we keep the top at "half mast." 1st is for easy access. Then just pull it up and lock it in place. It's also nice to drive half up on cool sunny days. The sun hits you, and the top pushes the air in front, keeping the wind off you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 12:34 pm:

The couple in the top photo, look pre Civil War!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 12:57 pm:

Thanks Rob. I can see now how that is accomplished.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lyndon Moore on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 01:00 pm:

Rob, you and your wife sure look like you are happy and enjoying riding around in your S. The couple in the old photo looks like they are not having as much fun in theirs. I do have several more photos of the R and S cars that show more car details. I will be posting them in the future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 01:22 pm:

Thanks Lyndon. Our car is actually N#3 with a period aftermarket rumble seat and fender/running board package added. It has several unique early features including a non tapered exhaust manifold and unique front axle where the wishbone attaches to the axle.

This photo and article showing our N appeared in 1925:

Engine number, stamped before a raised boss was added to N crankcases:

we look forward to seeing more of your photos,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 01:30 pm:

Mark G.,
I bet they ARE pre-Civil War! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 07:19 pm:

LOL! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 07:35 pm:

Imagine that old man...very possibly born while Thomas Jefferson was still alive...driving around in an automobile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

Don, what a great way to put this in historic perspective. If that old gent was over 82 years old, he would have been born when Jefferson was still alive. I wonder if that couple are as old as they look. Life was hard on a person a century and more ago - maybe they ain't old, they just been used rough? In many ways, 90 is the new 70 !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 08:57 am:

I wonder if the windshield is an example of the Troy wood and brass type used on early '09 Model T's?

Anyone venture a guess on the head/side lamps?

Yes, their Grand parents could easily have participated in the American Revolution and/or the War of 1812.

Ken

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration