Spark/Throttle lever shape?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Spark/Throttle lever shape?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J Alvord on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 11:11 am:

My quadrant is worn smooth on my '26. No clicking. I found a replacement quadrant I can rivet on but i'm sure the levers are worn flat too where they touch the old quadrant.

What shape were the bottom of the levers originally? Round or pointed? I can weld them back up and file them to the correct shape I think...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 11:19 am:

Round (at least the reproductions that I bought were).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 11:23 am:

Round

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J Alvord on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 11:35 am:

Awesome... thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 12:09 pm:

Round may be original, but if you weld them up and create a bit of a point, they will hold better and click nicely--just don't over-do it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

Might be easier to file back the pattern in the quadrant while in place instead of replacing it? - lots of disassembly and reriveting needed.

Bending the levers forward may increase the pressure towards the quadrant. Check so the springs at the engine side of the firewall are in good shape.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration