1914 Ford Coils

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1914 Ford Coils
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 09:10 am:

As most know, in the beginning Henry Ford depended on outside suppliers for his parts. Those wonderful and mysterious induction coils that after a 100 plus years are still a mystery to some, on the operation and adjustment volumes have been discussed.

According to the Automobile Trade Journal for 1914 the coils originally came from three makers - K-W Ignition Company, Heinz Electric Company and Kokomo Electric Company.

By 1914 Ford was manufacturing and test the coils in house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenneth w delong on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 09:20 am:

I have heard American Crayon made [most] coil boxes? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 10:29 am:

George - Sent you a PM

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 11:26 am:

Perhaps not all coils were tested in house. I believe I have a couple "out house" coils. ;>o
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 12:04 pm:

Yes Bud, you're correct. 4 years ago I posted a pic on the beginning demolition of the plant in Sandusky, Ohio that produced them, around the 100th anniversary. Russ Herner wrote a great article about the little boxes and the plant a long time ago in the Model T Times magazine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 12:42 pm:

The article about the coil boxes of Rus Herner was in : Model T Times March - April 2011 # 372 .
Toon .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration