Those Upper Windshield Side Seals Actually Work!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Those Upper Windshield Side Seals Actually Work!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 11:54 am:

Earlier this year I found out that the windshield assembly on my '24 is supposed to have rubber seals (mine were all missing).

I bought a full windshield seal kit from Lang's earlier this year and installed it.

One seal fits between the cowl and the bottom of the lower windshield frame.

Another, "h" shaped seal, fits between the upper and lower glass.

There are also a pair of seals that fit into grooves in the upper part of the windshield posts and seal against the sides of the upper windshield frame.

Now that it's getting cooler, I can already tell that the new seals are doing their job, there is much less intrusion of cold air through the windshield. :-)

https://www.modeltford.com/item/7840B.aspx

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration