OT: Mechanical Art

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT: Mechanical Art
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 10:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 10:29 am:

Sometimes you feel like a nut,sometimes you are one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Pfau - Michigan on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 10:36 am:

Steve - Creativity like this always amazes me. I guess being a "left brain" person, it makes me realize how different we all are in seeing and manipulating things. Thanks for posting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 10:41 am:

Now THAT is fine art !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 10:56 am:

Old tools and parts have such beauty if we only take time to look. Working with them makes it that much more fascinating.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 11:06 am:

Cool stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 11:24 am:

That is heart wrenching! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas Landers NE Indiana on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 12:37 pm:

Rich that could be course art,I cant see the threads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 01:52 pm:

"Heart Wrenching"

Now that's funny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 01:57 pm:

Seems like this post would be a good place for pictures of "mechanical sculpture" made from old worn out Model T Ford parts. A well known metal bench made from Model T parts comes to mind,.....but I don't have a picture of it,....maybe somebody else would post it here. Anyway,.....a real "work of art" for sure,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

Ed - Best "collection" of old wrenches I've ever seen! Thanks for posting,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 12:14 am:

This bull is named Leonard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 06:06 am:

This is the most impressive one i've ever seen:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 07:21 am:

And Functional ART??????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 07:32 am:

Don't sit on that one on a HOT summer day,
in the sun.

OUCH!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 07:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 08:47 am:

Perhaps there is a market for all my early T parts after all. ;O)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 11:08 am:

Steve Humphrey - Yup! That's the one I had in mind,....thanks for posting the picture,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

Re the left brain comment, this I understand. I look at these and think why I didn't think of that, but when I look a tool all is see is what it was used for in the first place, a tool. (or car part as it may be)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 12:32 pm:

Great Steve! Very artistic! If the crescent wrench had been positioned upside down, it would look just like a parrot with the eye in the right location. I love it. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 03:11 pm:

This is fun to see the creativity. The Steampunk folks are enjoying it. Some of the beauty of it is in the parts themselves. I have been enjoying these photos:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenneth w delong on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 03:25 pm:

Steve,Was the black background used so no wrenches were cut? Very Nice.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 04:14 pm:

We'll leave the light on for ya...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 01:13 am:

That is... cool, Steve
Leo, the face and eyes on the soldier you posted are... I just have to look past all the wrenches and goodies. Wow
Rich
Sometimes the simplest things

(Message edited by duey_c on October 25, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nunn, Bennington NE on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

My wife decided to learn how to weld and use the plasma cutter. After some lessons, I gave her a cam, valve springs and pile of scrap to choose from. This was her first welding project. I sits proudly in our garden.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 09:38 am:

Hey Duey, It is very impressive, it is a WW1 memorial, the photo's are from the makers yard, a blacksmith from Dorset (UK), Martin Galbavy, It is supposedly in its official place now but i've no idea where that is...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 10:32 pm:

Sorry to bump this thread. Thanks Leo! No matter on location. I'll likely never see the giant's eyes in person! Cool thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 10:41 pm:

Outstanding!!! Actually you guys make me sick. I have the skill and equipment to make stuff like that, I use for work, but not the creativity or imagination to design them.
Very good work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 06:58 pm:

Picked this up recently and not sure what particular vehicle it may be representing but it's sure not a black Model T.picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, October 29, 2018 - 07:20 pm:

Sean, Is that in front of your house? Very Cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

Another table.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 01:59 pm:

Gene: That's over at Kevin's house on Frankfurt. Got to get you over there sometime.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration