? Need information about engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: ? Need information about engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Geil on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 10:06 pm:

i bought a 1914 touring about 2 years ago not knowing much about Tís. Now, I have questions about itís origin. No Ford script on block, No casting date, only C X. Engine # 339921
Any information would be helpful. Thank you,
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 10:09 pm:

September of 13 is what the engine number relates to...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 10:50 pm:

That's Friday, September 12, 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 05:41 am:

And that would be in the 1914 model year, so it could well be the original. Do you have any number on the patent plate at the firewall? That was the car number and by 1913 it was usually lower than the engine #, perhaps due to spare engine sales. No dates are recorded for the car numbers, unfortunately and by early 1915 they were discontinued.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Geil on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

Thanks for the information I appreciate it.
Paul

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration