***1926-1927 Flywheel and Transmission Assemblies***

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: ***1926-1927 Flywheel and Transmission Assemblies***
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martynn Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, October 22, 2018 - 11:17 pm:

I think these are self explanatory, they're just the 1926-27 versions.

1926-1927 Flywheel-Transmission Assembly

1926-1927 Transmission-Clutch Assembly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 08:25 am:

Martynn: Beautiful work again, thanks for sharing. I reviewed and read comments with the pre '26 drawings you posted. Weren't the pre '26 and later post '26 drive plates and clutch drum bolt connections different? I have a '26 and it is similar to both your pre and post '26 drawings.

There appear to be numbers on the driven gear teeth in that drawing, are they significant? I'd recommend a note pointing to triple gear timing marks.

An isometric view from the drum gear end showing mesh with triple gears and driven gear would be helpful in my opinion.

It would be helpful to show detail of one each of the clutch discs.

None of these comments are meant as criticism, I appreciate all your work on many Model T drawings.

Sincerely, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman Oslo Norway on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 01:00 pm:

Thank you Martynn. Fantastic work . :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nunn, Bennington NE on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 01:14 pm:

Martynn, is there a depository of your Model T drawings? I did not find one on your website and they are too interesting and useful not to look at all of them. Thanks. Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

Mart ! What's with the weird looking bolts that secure the driven plate ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martynn Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 04:14 pm:

George, those are what is suppose to be in 26-27's because the drive plate fits down within the brake drum on the transmission...what those bolts do is put the bolt head above the rear surface edge of the brake drum so you can wire them easier...of course you can use to pre 26-27 bolts too, just that you'd have to wire them down inside the recess.

James, the numbers on the driven gear are the count for setting the timing of the triples...every 9th tooth (the tooth count on the driven gear is 10 pitch, 27 teeth. the same as it is the direct drive gear on the triples, so 27 divided by 3 (the three triples) equals 9...so every 9th tooth of the driven gear fits into the marked section of on the triples)...couldn't make them any larger without making everything else harder to see.

Mark, if you're on Face Book, friend me at Martynn Vowell...my albums are free to use by my friends, you can see just about all of them there, the only downside is that they are the same as here, half size 6"x4", 150 dpi, 24 bit (I draw them at 8.5"x11", 300 dpi, 64 bit).

At one time Chris B. the forum moderator was going to put them here on the forum under the title "Drawings" on the main menu (I think you can see the 1909 stuff still), but we never got beyond my rather limited 1909 stuff...the idea was that there would be a thumbnail picture of the drawing, with a brief description of what it's about. Once you clicked on the thumbnail icon you could download a full sized PDF and or JPG in 300 dpi 64 bit like I draw them in. These I post here are about half size 150 dpi 24 bit because of the size constraints. If in the future the forum and it's new format wish them to be here, fine by me...wound make it more convenient than telling everybody to go to Face Book and see them there. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

Beautiful work Maybe an inset of what large and small discs look like separately would be helpful

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 04:39 pm:

I thought they were odd, after seeing your tranny and Derricks. Next time I have the inspection door off I'll take a look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martynn Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 06:34 pm:

Tom or maybe just a note with the part numbers calling out the round one from the hex one.

1926-1927 Transmission-Clutch Assembly Rev. 1-A

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration