Red Rubber Headlight Hose

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Red Rubber Headlight Hose
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 11:29 am:

I had a very nice talk with Ron Gocek at Hershey about the red tubing he makes, and explained to him the problems I've had with the current run of hose he made which is 5/8 instead of the correct 1/2. He is aware of the problem, and hopefully on his next run the problem will be corrected. I lucked out recently and found some from a guy in Canada, so I don't need to worry for awhile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 01:36 pm:

'Tain't 1/2", Larry! Should be 7/16".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

Ribbed or smooth ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 02:45 pm:

Cloth pattern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

Thanks R. V.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 04:03 pm:

Snyders has it. What size is theirs? Looks fine on my 13 and looks like a good fit thru the factory hole in the apron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenneth w delong on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 04:53 pm:

I seperated the red and green from a old set and used what i had then bought a new pair. Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 09:54 am:

What Snyders has now is 5/8. I just measured the hose I found on ebay, and it measures .495, but is not consistent the full length of the hose, and is the cloth pattern. I'm happy, and it does fit through the holes in the radiator. My hope is when Ron makes his next run, he will make sure it's the correct size!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 07:53 am:

I was thinking, red hose on acetylene tanks, any thoughts on this idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 08:49 am:

Eugene,

As kenneth said above, acetylene hose would be fine as a practical matter and you would just cut it to fit your setup. However, it is smooth and that isn't the appearance Larry was looking for.

Because it is a fuel gas hose, it is only available as a "made up hose" from your local welding supply, fitting-to-fitting, and not sold by the foot.

Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenneth w delong on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 09:56 am:

It's been years but at the welding store the hoses come on a large roll and cut and made to your order's.I used a small mc tank and regulator standing up right hidden by a heavy robe on the robe rail.Since i needed one fitting it was easy to cut and seperate a old short set and replace with new and longer so i seldom move my torch cart.Ps,Get the small size if you try this! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 11:48 pm:

Welding hose sorta fits, but is still too large a diameter. Ron's 5/8 hose can be forced in, but what does that do to the id?
All I'm asking for suppliers, and manufactures of Model T parts is to make parts correctly. We make almost two dozen parts, and will not sell anything that is not a good as Henry made it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

Welding hose is available in different sizes. You must be talking outside dimension. The welding as hose is measured by inside dimensions. The 3/16 is 7/16 OD and the 1/4 is 1/2" OD.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration