1922 Center Door body arrives

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1922 Center Door body arrives
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 11:43 am:

It's a 1922 or maybe a 23, who knows?

It has finally arrived at my house. Currently stored outside, it is a KIT! lol I am absolutely serious. It has been completely disassembled. All sheet metal appears to be there. One front quarter is rust damaged. The other is nice.

Floor sills must have been replaced by someone, because I have sill pieces with the carpet buttons still attached. However I don't think all of the floor is there. Sheet metal panel that covers the rear spring hump is present.

The seat springs are all present, the back seat back spring still has material on it. The rear seat box is intact. Oval window is missing. All other glass present except for one broken pane.

Doors present. I freed up the L-shaped door handles. Door threshold plates present. Dash present, no switch or light. Both windshield panes present with hardware.

Gas tank present but is broken Both fronts seat assemblies present, passenger seat material present.

No firewall or anything that attaches the firewall to the car. Cowl is present.

Top gone. Windshield pillars rotten. Windshield header gone. One door header rotten. Other door solid. Both have glass.

Now, I'm going to see if I can acquire a frame to at least bolt the floor to. The frame bolting brackets are present as are the brackets for the fenders that attach through the body to the rear seat box.

One thing I noticed, is there is a lot of wood pieces I have that do not appear to go to this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 04:27 pm:

An ambitious project to be sure! Not enough people willing to take on such a thing. However, it has been done before, and can be done again!

If you can turn this pile into a fine automobile? I will cheer your tenacity.

If you were close to me? I would loan you a frame for as long as you would need it! Even if that became permanently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 07:19 am:

Thank you for the encouragement. I just hope I don't get distracted or side-lined. Need to sell my sewing machines to get up some cash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

Bruce McCalley's book and the model T Ford encyclopedia on CD both have some good drawings of the center door wood framework, with part numbers listed. I found them very useful when I rewooded a center door 15 years ago. One hint, before you nail any body parts permanently to the wood framework, make sure, doors and windows fit.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration