Accessorize your pre 1918 Ford TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Accessorize your pre 1918 Ford TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 07:28 pm:

Accessorize your pre 1918 Ford T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 10:00 am:

"pre 1918 TT?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 10:22 am:

I think I read that there were six. Did any of them survive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 10:49 am:

George added an extra T in the subject title but got it right in the post text :-)

(Message edited by vwgary on October 26, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 11:03 am:

Steve,
I thought I read that there were only 3. In any event, not many. "Did any of them survive?" is an interesting question. Are there any records that would tell us which engine numbers went into those few trucks? I doubt there would be any way to tell if it was a "first issue" truck.

Mike,
I suppose if you beef up the chassis, put bigger tires on the rears and gear it down (even if you use chain drive instead of a worm gear) it is a TT sort of. After all, the engine and transmission don't change. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, October 26, 2018 - 11:09 am:

I'll tell ya' the Ford Forum is a tough group. Henry was slow in producing trucks until after WWI. Until the war, if you wanted a Ford truck you depended on others to source out parts to build a 1 ton truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 10:33 am:

Earliest TT owned by forum user?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 10:54 am:

George,
Who Knows? Mine is an '18, but whether it was the first, last or somewhere in the middle I'll never know. It has a '23 engine (which it's had since 1946 that I know of for sure).

It has a 1917-18 patent plate, short running boards, a wood cab and stake bed, a 1916 steering column (evidenced by the threaded horn button screws), a wood firewall, a low radiator, beads on the rear end clam shells, the early pinion shaft and two pinion gears (later trucks had a spider and four pinion gears), and a short rear chassis cross member. So, what year is it? I believe 1918. As to date of production, as far as I can tell I'll never know.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration