1910-1911 carburetor stove pipe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1910-1911 carburetor stove pipe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Mercier on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 08:09 am:

Bruce McCalley books say's it was a cast “stove” of apparently two styles for 1910/11. I assume that one style is like the early 12 cast stove pipe that is being reproduced but does anyone know what the other style looked like and how it differed. Does anyone have a picture of the two styles. Thanks for any help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 12:01 pm:

One is a casting that was later replaced with sheetmetal facsimile.
SR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 12:12 pm:

Is this what you are after?

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

Older post of the hot air pipe and cast stove mounted to the front of the exhaust manifold on the 1910 Holley and 1911 Kingston.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/822076/830642.html?1516897732

The 1912 style fits to the rear of the exhaust manifold.

Terry, that alum. part is a later aftermarket stove, with an adjustable baffle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Mercier on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 03:47 pm:

Thanks Dan that's what I was trying to find a picture of but couldn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 07:29 pm:

That's an accessory hot air pipe - aluminum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

My apologies for the "ditto" post !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 05:56 am:

Terry, as Steve T. said, those are an accessory hot air pipe. They are quite plentiful, I've seen dozens over the years at swap meets, even NOS ones. I've seen at least two different manufactures' names on them. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, November 02, 2018 - 05:58 am:

And no, NOS doesn't have anything to do with FORD parts! :-) :-) :-) Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration